Wednesday, February 20, 2008

3rd Chemo Starts Tomorrow

Christen's blood count numbers are good enough to start the next dose of chemo tomorrow. She will be having the same medicine as last time so we expect some nausea but not as bad as the first treatment. (The treatment next week will be the bad one again.) Thank you for your prayers.

She is feeling very discouraged this evening. Please pray for God's presence and comfort for her. One can only imagine what it must be like for her. She said that the worst part of the whole thing for her is all the things that she is missing. It feels like life is "going on without her" in a sense.

Psalm 61:1 "Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
2 from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
3 for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy."

Steve & Debbie

3 comments:

Gayle said...

I am thinking of you so much today, Christen, and will (with the Lord's help) keep a constant dialogue with Him, praying for your strength and His mercy. You are His beloved child whom He will never forsake.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christen, I will be praying for you today...as always. It will be good to get one more treatment behind you. The Lord will never leave nor forsake you...never. This is a big valley you are walking through. However, you are not alone. All of your friends and ones who love you are walking it with you...each step of the way. You have awakened something deeper in each of us through your cancer. Hang in there sweetie! With lots of love, Jennifer Wellington

Anonymous said...

Hi Christen
Hang in there!
Although I can't say I know what you're going through, I can imagine everything's hard right now, and hopefully with God's mercy, you will see bright days soon.
Love you,
Sima, Ebby, & family