Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back Home Again

The joys of just being together as a family get more precious to us every time we go through these trips to the hospital. Along with the tremendous difficulties that Christen is enduring, having the family scattered to the winds is not easy. God has brought us all through thus far, and for that we are very thankful. I don't know how we would do it without Him.

Christen and Debbie arrived home about 5 PM today. We enjoyed pizza together, visiting with friends, and just being able to be in the same house. Christen is feeling much better this evening. We have been amazed, however, at how much things can change dramatically from day to day and even hour to hour. So we count it a blessing to have an evening when she feels fine.

The current plan is to start her next chemo treatment on the 14th of February, followed by another on the 21st, and then another starting the 28th.

Steve & Debbie

6 comments:

Kathy/Mom/Mrs. J said...

Dear Lunsford Family,

What a joy to see you all together as a family tonight. There's so much I want to do to help yet nothing seems adequate enough. So as I was listening to some music tonight I came across an old Steven Curtis Chapman CD that had just the perfect song to remind me of what's really important. Although I didn't write this song, these lyrics express my thoughts perfectly. I share these words with you from my heart. May the Lord continue to meet your every need and give you the strength to carry on.

God bless,
Kathy : )

"Carry You to Jesus"
By: Steven Curtis Chapman

I will not pretend to feel the pain you’re going through
I know I cannot comprehend the hurt you’ve known
And I used to think it mattered if I understood
But now I just don’t know

Well, I’ll admit sometimes I still wish I knew what to say
And I keep looking for a way to fix it all
But we know we’re at the mercy of God’s higher ways
And our ways are so small

But I will carry you to Jesus
He is everything you need
I will carry you to Jesus on my knees

It’s such a privilege for me to give this gift to you
All I’d ever hope you’d give me in return
Is to know that you’ll be there to do the same for me
When the tables turn

And if you need to cry go on and I, I will cry along with you, yeah
I’ve given you what I have but still I know the best thing I can do
Is just pray for you

I’ll carry you
I’ll take you to Jesus on my knees

Anonymous said...

This post brought a smile to my lips and joy in my heart. God, family, laughter and PIZZA! We continue to pray for you so often each day, and we will not stop! May the greatest Physician of all be working through the hands and feet of those who are caring for Christen. Here is a big HUG for each of you. We love you.

The Wheatley's said...

Praising Him and rejoicing with you in the normal days. B&E

Tom & Sue said...

Dear Steve and Debbie, We are so happy you are together as a family. I checked the blog again that night and read Debbie and Christen were coming home. I thanked God every time I woke up that night. We love you all, God Bless Love Uncle Tom and Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Now I hear you are back at UVA (Thursday). It warmed my heart so much yesterday to see Christen looking so well(without a hospital gown),attending classes, and able to attend the Bible Study with Abigail at Mt. Pleasant. God has given you many prayer warriors and friends!. :)

God is with you!! Much love to you all!

Anonymous said...

thinking of you all the time and praying