Thursday, February 28, 2008

Prayer Needed

Christen really needs prayer today. Our Dr. just told us that all of Christen's counts are ok enough to go home. The thing that is keeping Christen in the hospital now is that she needs to be able to start eating some on her own and taking in enough liquid on her own. The Dr. said that today will be the determining factor---if she doesn't do better today, then they will have to put her on TPN (total parenteral nutrition) because it has been eight days since she's really been able to eat much of anything. If they do put her on TPN she will have to stay in the hospital for the first few days of it to make sure that she is progressing. Today could go either way. She is starting to get the mouth sores which probably also is indicative of what is going on inside her ---esophagus, etc.

So please pray that she will be able to eat and drink and keep it down! She is still very nauseated today. Debbie is coaxing her to drink fluids as much as she can.

Thanks,
Steve & Debbie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be praying for Christen, and that you all get to go home today.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, Christen. I am praying for you, as are so many others. I love you. Mrs. Wellington

Tom & Sue said...

Christen, please eat I know it is hard but just think ,if you eat you can go home.Also you can get what you want. Get a rootbeer float a milkshake or just ice cream. We will be praying for you I kook care of my Mom and she had a hard time eating God is with you he would take he bananna slit. We love you Uncle Tom and Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Christen,
My name is Andrea Miller and my husband Scott and I know your parents through your Uncle Scot and Aunt Cathy. I can remember when you were born! :) I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and your family as this is a hard time for all. I wanted to share a scripture with you. It's from Isiah 41:10 ; "So do not fear for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." I just felt the need to share that with you. Take care and please know that we are praying for you.
Love, Andrea and Scott Miller

Julie said...

Hello, dear Christen! The children and I have lifted you up in prayer so many times today. You are very dear to us and to so many. And yet, isn't it awesome to think that you are even more dear to your Heavenly Father! Do not be tempted to despair and agonize over "why me!?!". God is using these trials for your good and for your family's good. He has not turned His face from you but is showering His love and grace on you even now. We love you, Sweet Girl, and are praying for peace and comfort! Aunt Julie, for all here

Anonymous said...

Dear Debbie and Christen,

How much we wish we could be with you, yet, we should not as we are full of germs! We are praying for your healing. You are not forgotten or abandoned. Jesus is right there with you. No chance you are getting hooked on soap operas, is there? ;0 Love to you all!

jlash said...

praying against needing TPN!

-josiah

Anonymous said...

You are precious and your Abba Father is always there with you. What a comfort!