Sunday, January 13, 2008

William's Birthday

Today was another busy day in our house. With the worship service this morning, and then family and friends over for William's birthday it has been a great day of worship and fellowship. William enjoyed his presents and cake, and we all enjoyed a bit of 'normalcy' prior to our upcoming trials. We had a nice surprise today with a visit by Christen's Great Great Aunt Doris, who lives nearby. It was so nice to see her.

Many folks have offered time and again to help us in whatever way possible, and for this we are very thankful. The coming days will surely present new challenges and we are sure there will be new needs. This is a kind of stress that we have never seen as a family before. A special thank you to everyone who has sent us a meal. They have been extremely helpful. We are most thankful for the prayers, because the spiritual aspects of this are the most important. May we learn all that He wants to teach us through this.

Christen is attending our church youth group meeting tonight. We just talked with her on the phone and she is having such a wonderful time that she doesn't want to come home too early. Of course her parents are worried about her, needing sleep and all that. :-) We are so thankful that God has given her so many wonderful friends. That truly is a wonderful gift.

Please pray for Christen's health as she starts the chemo, since the healthier she is the better she will respond to the treatment. The new pain medicine is working much better for her with no signs of nausea, and her pain level is reduced. She seems to be at peace with the trials that she faces this week. Pray that will continue, and that He will give her physical strength as well.

Thanks again for the many countless kind ways that you all have helped us! May God bless you for it.

God has been with us every step of the way, and our trust is that He will be with us through each of these coming days. May this trial bring glory God!

Steve & Debbie for the family

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for a nice, peaceful family day! And happiest birthday greetings (too late, but...) to William! I hope you have many more nice, peaceful family days interspersed with the doctor's appt's and trips.
Christen did seem to have a great time tonight - I enjoyed chatting and joking with her for awhile, too - she seemed relaxed and very cheerful. Christen - you're a trooper and a blessing. I love seeing you, and I really enjoy your great sense of humor!

A verse for you all:
Psalm 61:1-4
1Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; 2from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, 3for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy. 4Let me dwell in your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings!

It's such a comfort to think that He is, indeed, higher than we are and He will hide us in His shelter, give us refuge, and be a strong tower again the enemy, cancer. Lean, lean, lean and keep on leaning!

We love you all. Many prayers and loving thoughts go with you. "When they're heartfelt, they're mighty powerful missiles. And the ones for you... why, they've lit up our whole celestial system," to quote a great angel guy we all know....
- Love,
The Murphys

jlash said...

love from fairfax-----

Karen said...

Sounds like William may share a birthday with me!

We are praying for Christen too. My Aunt BJ F. sent me the link to your blog.

Debbie, you may remember me from many years ago when Alan F. and I used to come down to visit on college breaks.

Blessings,
Karen G.

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to see you all at church yesterday. I stole a big birthday hug from William (-:
Hey Christen, thanks for the frank chat we had. We are praying for you, and we love you.

Unknown said...

You know me inside out. You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.

Psalm 139:15

Dearest Christen and Family--

The Lord treasures you and has everything under control!

Big hugs from, Anette V.